Glengarry Child Care Society ensures high quality care for children and support for families and the community by facilitating educational programs and services that enhance the development of each individual.
STATEMENT OF VALUES
The Quality of Life and Environment in Glengarry Child Care Society depends upon the partnership among the Community, Parents, and Early Childhood Educators. In order to assure a Quality Community, we STRIVE to adhere to the following values:
We strive to understand and respect the needs of our community
We commit to continually improve our services, in partnership with the community
We support each other in achieving our common goals
We respect different concerns and points of view
We encourage and expect the best from ourselves
We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and their results
We are committed to honesty and openness in our activities
We conduct ourselves in an ethical manner
We strive to envision the changing future interests of the community
We continually plan and prepare to meet future needs
We provide services to the community with a human touch
We respect the uniqueness of each individual
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE CENTRE
- To provide high quality child care to the community that is accessible to all families regardless of income level.
- To provide care for children whose circumstances are identified by other professionals as in need of child care due to special circumstances.
- To provide a model of child care, which will strengthen and support the role of the family as the primary caregiver of the child.
- To nurture multicultural awareness, to ensure that differing needs of all families are recognized and met.
- To provide integrated care for children with special needs and to advocate educational mainstreaming.
- To advocate on issues affecting the quality of life for all young children in the community at large.
- To develop creative approaches to learning which integrate the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of the child.
- To create an environment, that is child centered, supportive, non-competitive, trusting and individually paced.