Glengarry Child Care has been providing high quality care to children and families since 1969. Originally operated by the City of Edmonton as a demonstration centre for Early Childhood Educations students at Grant MacKewan College, Glengarry quickly became a landmark in the community for families looking for quality child care. In 1984, the City of Edmonton made the decision to cease operation of Glengarry. In response to this decision, a committed group of parents and community members formed the first Board of Directors and the new non-profit Glengarry Child Care Society opened it's doors to children and families on July 2, 1984.
Since that time, hundreds of children have attended Glengarry, many returning as adults to register their own children.
Glengarry Child Care Society's reputation for quality care and providing outstanding support to children with challenges and higher needs is solid in the community and extends throughout the City of Edmonton.
We provide care for children aged birth to 12 years in our licensed Daycare and Out of School Care programs and our Family Day Home Agency
Fee’s and Subsidies
GCCS fees are competitive and include benefits not available at other daycare and out-of-school care centers. Daycare fees include two nutritious snacks & a hot lunch that exceeds the Canada Food Guide standards. The Provincial Subsidy Program provides financial assistance to families that qualify. We are happy to assist eligible families with their Provincial Child Care Subsidy Applications. Click here for more information.
Glengarry Child Care Society ensures high quality care for children and support for families and the community by facilitating educational programs and services that enhance the development of each individual.
STATEMENT OF VALUES
The Quality of Life and Environment in Glengarry Child Care Society depends upon the partnership among the Community, Parents, and Early Childhood Educators. In order to assure a Quality Community, we STRIVE to adhere to the following values:
- We strive to understand and respect the needs of our community
- We commit to continually improve our services, in partnership with the community
- We support each other in achieving our common goals
- We respect different concerns and points of view
- We encourage and expect the best from ourselves
- We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and their results
- We are committed to honesty and openness in our activities
- We conduct ourselves in an ethical manner
- We strive to envision the changing future interests of the community
- We continually plan and prepare to meet future needs
- We provide services to the community with a human touch
- We respect the uniqueness of each individual
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE CENTRE
- To provide high quality child care to the community that is accessible to all families regardless of income level.
- To provide care for children whose circumstances are identified by other professionals as in need of child care due to special circumstances.
- To provide a model of child care, which will strengthen and support the role of the family as the primary caregiver of the child.
- To nurture multicultural awareness, to ensure that differing needs of all families are recognized and met.
- To provide integrated care for children with special needs and to advocate educational mainstreaming.
- To advocate on issues affecting the quality of life for all young children in the community at large.
- To develop creative approaches to learning which integrate the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of the child.
- To create an environment, that is child centered, supportive, non-competitive, trusting and individually paced.